General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Administrative Assistant to join our team. The position provides an opportunity to work closely with and support a high-energy, collaborative team in a variety of administrative duties. The selected candidate will work with program managers and staff to offer a broad range of administrative and office support, including materials development, clerical tasks and coordination of special assignments. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, theAdministrative Assistant will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues. The employee will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded.
The Administrative Assistant will be tasked with relieving program managers, programs teams and department staff of various administrative details. The candidate may monitor phone calls, maintain files, manage office supplies, prepare/sort mail, and perform typing assignments. The position may also require the candidate to proofread, research, compile special reports, graphs and presentations using spreadsheet and graphic software. The Administrative Assistant may also act as an information source on organizational policies, and will be required to use automated office equipment such as a computer to compose and type letters, reports and other materials.
• Manages frequently-changing schedules and appointments as well as coordination of projects and tasks
• Prepares meeting agendas and compiles materials for use in meetings, discussions, and presentations
• Composes correspondence, captures meeting notes and action items, monitor’s external/internal communications, and addresses communications in an expeditious manner, bringing critical issues to the executive’s attention
• Drafts, proofreads, and finalizes high-level written correspondence that is consistently error-free
• Schedules and ensures full support for meetings, coordinates video teleconferences, conference calls, to include reserving rooms, preparing for the event, coordinating with on-site facilities and information technology experts, and facilitating events as needed
• Organizes local, domestic, and international travel arrangements maintaining awareness of any security processes for international travel. Prepares expense reports for travel reimbursements to ensure timely filing
• Discretely accepts and screens calls, connects callers with appropriate staff, and follows up as needed
• Greets internal and external customers; handles inquires and refers more complex inquiries to appropriate offices
• Obtains data from various sources, analyzes data and information, and prepares reports as needed
• Updates and maintains organizational charts, electronic and manual records, and confidential files
• Enters, formats, and proofreads inputs into Excel Spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Word documents
• Fosters and environment of trust and teamwork: builds collaborative relationships, internally and externally
• Communicates effectively with executives to keep them informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
• Communicates professionally and effectively with staff and customers
• Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters
• Works on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment dealing with confidential/sensitive information
• Handles sensitive and confidential information in an appropriate manner without exception
• Assists with support for other administrative personnel and performs other executive administrative functions as required
• Collaborates to improve processes and procedures
Candidates must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, and must be detail-oriented, highly motivated and dedicated to supporting the General Dynamics Mission Systems team.
The Administrative Assistant position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six years of related experience. An Associates degree or certification in assigned area is preferred.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is highly preferred
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000 top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran.